FRIDAY, SEPT. 22, 2017
3:00 p.m. CHECK IN AT CURLY REDWOOD LODGE INN 701 US HWY. 101 S, Crescent City, CA (707)464-2137
4:30 – 5:00 p.m. ~ critique sessions, as requested by participants, 20 minutes each.
6:00 p.m. ~ Welcome to all in the college library.
6:05 p.m. ~ Introductory panel on "A Writer’s Space" with all presenters participating (five minutes each)7:00 p.m ~ 20-minute reading by Caroline Gill
7:20 p.m ~ 20-minute reading by Roy Parvin, followed by Q & A for both readers
SATURDAY, SEPT. 23, 2017
8:15 - 8:45 a.m. ~ Continental breakfast is available in the hallway at CR.
8:45 a.m. ~ Welcome and introduction of speaker, followed by a 30-minute inspirational keynote speech by Steven Wasserman, followed by Q & A.
9:30 a.m. ~ Break
9:45 - 11:15 a.m. ~ First session of concurrent workshops in classrooms to be announced at the event.
(Note workshops have a limit of 25 attendees and no minimum.)
1) Julie Christine Johnson: The Art and Craft of the Query Letter
2) Erick Mertz: The Difference Between Money and Rewards
3) Roy Parvin: Five-Point Plan to Telling a Story
4) Phil Taggart: Ars America
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. ~ Second session of concurrent workshops:
5) Caroline Gill: Covers that Sell
6) Julie Christine Johnson: Characters that Breathe: Crafting Character Sketches
7) Erick Mertz: When all Lines Gray: The Work Life Balance
1:00 - 1:45 p.m. ~ Hot catered lunch.
2:00 - 3:30 p.m. ~ Third session of concurrent workshops:
7) Caroline Gill: Marketing 101: Simple Rules to Find Readers
8) Roy Parvin: Writing from White Space to White Space
9) Phil Taggart: Reading Your Poems
3:40 - 4:30 p.m. ~ Please support attendees by joining us in the library for open mic.